I’m a huge fan of ice cream and whole-heartedly believe that it’s never too cold for a few scoops! Just before we headed to Europe, I was happy to hear that Ben & Jerry’s ice cream was coming to Perth – with the launch of WA stockists being publicised all over social media. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on some!
My favourite local cafe, Ingredient Tree in Wembley, is one of the lucky venues who are stocking Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in Perth, so I made plans to head down early on Saturday morning and buy a take away coffee as well as a few ‘mini cups’ of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream. I chose Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Chocolate Fudge Brownie on this occasion, however their are other flavours including New York Super Fudge Chunk (hopefully the next one I try!), Strawberry Cheesecake and Triple Caramel Chunk.
When I tried the two flavours, I was relieved to find that they lived up to their hype – both ice creams were unique in flavour and delicious! My favourite between the two was the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, which had big bits of uncooked cookie dough and chocolate chips throughout the rich vanilla ice cream.
The Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream featured rich chocolate ice cream with bits of chocolate fudge brownies throughout it – an interesting idea for ice cream but it definitely worked!
To celebrate the delicious debut, Ben & Jerry’s will host a Scoop-a-Thon on Thursday 6th June. Perth fans are invited to get a chunk of the action as Ben & Jerry’s scoop up FREE ice cream for all from the new Scoop Wagon.
What: Ben & Jerry’s Scoop-a-Thon – Free ice cream!
Date: Thursday, 6 June 2013
Where: Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Wagon, Outside of the Perth Cultural Centre, Williams Street, Northbridge
As well as enjoying a free scoop, you are invited to make a gold coin donation to Mission Australia’s Perth Community Services. All money raised will go towards keeping Perth homeless folk warm through the purchase of blankets.
Ben & Jerry’s ice cream come in two sizes – ‘Pints’ (RRP $11.95) and ‘Mini Cups’ (100ml shorties) (RRP $3.95). You can find Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in Perth at the following places:
- Ingredient Tree – 87a Herdsman Parade, Wembley
- Fresh Provisions – Mt Lawley & Bicton stores
- Re Store – Leederville & Northbridge
- University of WA Guild, Crawley
- Gangemis – 1288 Hay Street, West Perth
- Frank Torre Quality Butcher – 20 Bulwer St, Perth
- City Provisions – 808 Hay Street, Perth
- Darryl Lea Chocolates – Shop 20, Plaza Arcade, Perth
- Dellisimo – 176 Swansea Street, East Victoria Park
- Bookcaffe – 17 Claremont Crescent, Claremont
- Jacks Whole Foods – Claremont Quarter
- Loose Produce – 2 Hobbs Avenue, Como
- V Burger Bar – Shop 81, Floreat Forum Shopping Centre
- Gateway Fresh – 816 Beeliar Drive, Success
- George St Merchants – 75 George Street, East Fremantle
- A Gelati and Sons – 19 Wray Avenue, Fremantle
- Fremantle Chocolate Company – 5/7 Cantonment Street, Fremantle
- Balcatta Growers Fresh – 652 Karrinyup Road, Balcatta
- The Herdsman – 9 Flynn Street, Churchlands
- Little Pantry – 206 Nicholson Road, Subiaco
- Angry Almond Wholefoods – Subiaco
- The Good Grocer – 9 Ardross Street, Applecross
- Winthrop Liquor – 4/131 Somerville Boulevard, Winthrop
- Smoults Continental Deli – 186 Whatley Crescent, Maylands
- Taste 32 – Shop 13, The Mezz, Mount Hawthorn
- World of Treats – Shop 1, Market City, 280 Bannister Road, Canning Vale
- Limes Fresh Fruit and Veg – Shop 11/1 Marshall Road, Myaree
- Madhatters on Milston – 10581 West Swan Road, Henley Brook
- Sweet Memories Candy – 6 Kent Street, Rockingham